Due to the rapidly increasing case count, we have decided to increase our safety measures. Our priority is always to help keep everyone safe and healthy as we continue providing service in a COVID-19 environment.
Please review and practice our safety protocols to ensure that we keep our team and our clients safe and help minimize spread through interaction. These apply to all our operations unless otherwise stated below.
What does this mean for our clients?
- In Ontario, we require all properties MUST be vacant unless otherwise arranged at the time of booking.
- Prior to our arrival, we require our clients to acknowledge in writing that there are no known cases, exposure, or anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 who have been in the property in the past two weeks and that we are working at has been free of anyone who may be in quarantine as a result of international travel.
- We require our clients to clean and disinfect properties before our arrival.
- We require lockbox access or for the realtor to wait in their car to safely provide access upon our teams’ arrival to properties and/or clients to meet our team at the property and wait onsite at a safe distance either in their car or outside the home.
- We require the property to be fully prepared for photography as we are minimizing our exposure. Please have all lights on, blinds/curtains open, toilet seats down, garbage cans hidden, and personal belongings put away. See our Real Estate Photography Checklist for more information.
- We are maintaining social distancing guidelines while onsite and ensuring to keep our masks on at all times. We ask that you also ensure social distancing is respected onsite by being masked at all times.
- We will still accommodate mic’d services, socially distanced, and the technician will verbalize how to affix the mic.
We understand that due to COVID there are limited places for your client to go during the shoot. We politely recommend any homeowners or tenants wait in their vehicle down the street, go out for a drive or go for a walk.
If we have not received written confirmation the evening prior to the shoot, we will consider the appointment cancelled. Cancellation fees may apply. Should a homeowner or tenant refuse to leave, our tech will be instructed to leave the property. We will do our best to connect with you to reconcile the situation. Cancellation and wait fees may apply.
*Vacancy policy not applicable to US markets.
What you can expect from the OTBx Air Team?
- We require our photography team to refrain from work if they are ill or have recently travelled. Team members should notify us of their situation as soon as possible.
- Our photography team is being supplied with face masks, gloves and sanitizer for each job they perform.
- Our team will sanitize hands prior to entering the home or wear gloves.
- Our team will wear a mask or face covering in a manner that covers their mouth, nose and chin during any period when they are in the indoor area.
- Our photography team will change their socks or cover their shoes between jobs to reduce spread.
- Our team will not use any washroom facilities.
- Our team will refrain from touching any surfaces and other items in the property during the site visit including furniture, bedding & appliances.
- Our team will not turn off lights or close interior doors.
- We will refrain from handshaking or connecting with any party and will respect the minimum required social/physical distance (2 metres) if an interaction at the site occurs
- Any agent filming that requires a microphone will be performed at a social distance and the microphone will be sanitized between jobs.
- Our photography team will sanitize their equipment in between photoshoots.
Clients who request service during this time will be asked to acknowledge that they are aware of these restrictions and agree to them.
OTBx staff are closely adhering to the Governments of Canada and the United States COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements to keep us all as healthy and safe as possible while serving our customers during these difficult times.
As of December 10, Ontario is delaying reopening plans. See Ontario requirements here.
We will continue to monitor and update our policies as new information and changes occur. We thank you kindly for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. If you have any questions related to our COVID-19 safety protocols, please contact us directly:
Your Partners at OTBx Air