Maintaining a professional presence on social media can help your business thrive and increase traffic to your listing websites.
Nearly 80% of Canadians now use social media daily, with over half of all homebuyers finding their home on the internet. This means if you list without a social media presence, you’re missing out.
As we all know, the way people search for houses has changed drastically with technology. Over 90% of people begin their home search by checking out the internet, and the spot where they’re going to find you is on social media. We’re not saying that you need to be on every social media platform out there, but being present on at least one or two is highly recommended.
A strong social media presence gives you the ability to keep your brand at the front of your target audience’s mind and widen your network, while also strengthening your credibility and expertise. It’s a major advantage that can set you apart from your competitors and boost sales.
Here are some ways that listing agents can increase their social media presence:
- Promote the town as a whole, rather than just the house.
- Be true to yourself.
- Educate your potential customers.
- Interact with your clients.
- Respond to both positive and negative feedback.
- Avoid merely announcing your real estate listings, put some personality out there.
- Don’t forget about putting out videos.
- Never make the mistake of thinking you’re solely talking to first-time purchasers.
- On social media, talking to oneself doesn’t help your page.
- Don’t forget about your current clients.
Seems easier said than done right? Well, we’ve got you covered with our easy-to-follow checklist. Just follow the steps and you’re good to go!
Social Media Checklist:
Content to capture at the listing:
- get a video review from your client to post once the property is sold or purchased
- Share real estate tips for staging (it could be a short video, graphics post, or story)
- Post a coming soon listing video on your story (IG and FB)
Stories are one of the best ways to put out content. People love to know what’s coming right up. Be sure to share the exciting features of the property and don’t forget an enticing call to action at the end. It’s best practice to post at least 4 stories a day.
- Post a “just listed listing” on your feed and story
You can use an image of the property’s best feature or the front
- Post a “Just sold” listing on your feed and story
- When posting reels, only use 4-word captions as this is the only number of words visible when people come across your reels.
- Make sure to add text to your video to give more context to viewers
- Shoot a positive client review
People find it more believable when they see people give a review about how you were able to help them. This is also an easy way to gain your future client’s trust.
- Post a story teaser video of your upcoming listing (video duration should be 15 seconds or less)
- Share a video series (it could be a home/office renovation) – Tell your audience what, how, and why you started that journey.
- Share one of your client’s success stories through a short video. Tell them why they wanted to buy/sell their property and how it changed their lives.
- Don’t forget to use hashtags (community, listing location, real estate related hashtags)
- Tag your listing location for better visibility
- Include your contact information and website in your captions
Feature the community your listing is located in:
- Shoot a shoutout video of your favourite/popular spot in your community
- Shoot a short video asking your audiences what are their questions for you (about you/your listing/the community/real estate tips…)
- Shoot special features of your listings, introduce the neighbourhood, feature the local businesses near the area
- Start a poll in your stories – you can ask your audience what content they like, want to ask about, or discuss how current trends might evolve.
- Share community events and share a bit of a background on why and how the event came to be.
- Write an engaging call to action to every caption.
- Don’t forget to include your contact information and website in your captions
- Include the community and or local business hashtags
Introduce your Team and your Brand to your audiences:
- Share a team activity
Shoot a video of what your team is up to this month. It doesn’t need to be real estate-related. Anything that would show your audiences your company culture is sure to get you more eyeballs.
- Introduce or feature one of your team members
Introduce a team member by sharing their interest and their hobbies. Audiences are more likely to connect with your brand when you build a personal connection. You never know, your next client might be able to relate to your hobbies as well. This would make your future phone calls easier.
- Post any community service you are participating in (and invite your audience to participate?)
- Start 30-day challenges or contests. It could be with your team or for your audience.
- Start a poll by using the poll sticker on your IG story, use a visually inviting background that is related to your poll.
- Use a countdown timer sticker on your story for any upcoming activities to build excitement for your audience.
- Post fun facts about you/the team/a team member/an experience
- Greet a teammate “Happy birthday”/congratulate them on their latest achievement.
- Share a tip regarding any step of property buying/selling through a short video (less than a minute).
You can share an experience that would help your audience understand. Share it in such a way that they don’t get confused around real estate terms
- Create a client appreciation post
Don’t forget to tag the client
- Post a story teaser of your upcoming team activities/community outreach